Natural Wool – Not for Hot Yoga practice
Natural Wool is the material which is known from ancient times to absorb and store the energy generated during your yoga and meditation practice. Using our natural wool yoga mat at every time you practice yoga or meditation will make the mat supercharged with your own energy. Our unique non-slip yoga mat is hand-made in Canada from high-quality natural wool and has a one-of-a-kind design!
Science behind Wool Yoga Mats
As any electrical insulator, natural wool is a dielectric (or dielectric material) that can be polarized by an applied electric field or other methods. Static electricity can build up on the dielectric surface from the friction between two different materials (a triboelectric method). When the two materials move closer together, electrons jump from the dielectric to the conductor. When they move back apart, those electrons flow into either a capacitor to store the charge or a circuit to generate power.
Natural wool is a triboelectric generator that can harvest tens of milliwatts per square meter. For example, the triboelectric generator the size of a jacket could make 100 mW just from the wearer’s fidgeting, which is enough to power small sensors or to send a burst of data to receivers a few hundred meters away. [https://cen.acs.org/articles/96/web/2018/01/Spinning-yarn-washwear-energy-harvester.html]
The dielectric constant of wool (and human hair) is 1.2. The dielectric constant is the ratio of the permittivity of a substance to the vacuum permittivity. It is an expression of the extent to which a material concentrates electric flux. The larger the dielectric constant, the more charge can be stored.
What is Perfect for Hot Yoga practice?
Our ultimate eco-friendly, non-slip, non-toxic, and naturally antimicrobial travel yoga mat is made from natural CORK and natural rubber. Free from PVCs and any other chemicals that can harm our planet! The wetter the better! Wet this natural mat before your practice to enhance the non-slip qualities! With its amazing grip, cork is the best surface for yoga! Even dripping in sweat from hours of Ashtanga Vinyasa or hot yoga practice! No towel needed.
Incredible benefits of using our cork yoga mat:
- No tree is cut down to harvest cork. Each tree can produce cork for more than 100 years
- Cork is 100% recyclable and biodegradable
- Natural cork absorbs the energy, which is generated by yogi during their practice
- Natural cork is highly antibacterial; also, it contains a waxy substance, which can naturally repeal small vermin and insects
- Absolutely no chemicals or PVCs to harm you and our planet
- A unique cellular structure of our cork yoga mats provides a very comfortable surface that gives a soft feeling to the body
- The wetter the better! No towel is needed when you use this mat for Hot Yoga!
- Very easy to clean and maintain the mat
To take your yoga and meditation practice to the next level, Stay Divine proudly offers essential yoga accessories – wool and cork mats that are made out of natural materials.